Monday, February 11, 2013

"I Heart You" Linzer Cookies

It's Monday...and with Valentine's Day fast approaching, I decided to bake a little something for my valentine;)
I found this recipe and dug out my heart-shaped cookie cutters...
The only thing I did differently from the recipe is that I refrigerated my hearts on the cookie sheets for a few minutes before I popped them in the oven. I was afraid that my dough had warmed up while I was cutting the shapes and I didn't want the hearts to spread out as they cooked. Other than that I thought this was a great recipe. I also saved the tiny hearts from the center cut-outs, because they were too cute to toss;)
I just love how fancy this simple cookie is:) So pretty, don't you think?
XO

Follow me on Bloglovin!

3 comments:

  1. I love these, Sarah! Think Peter will make me some?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those turned out beautifully! I'll have to pin this for next year since I don't think I'll be able to make it happen before tomorrow! Saw your comment on Joy the Baker and wanted to stop by and say hello!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate your comments! Even if it's just to say hi!