Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Kitchen Shelves

I have dreamed of open kitchen shelving forever (join the club, right?). Unfortunately any free walls we have in our kitchen have been claimed by either the refrigerator or windows. Then I thought, who says you can't have a few shelves in front of a window. The window I had in mind was above the kitchen sink, flanked by two upper cabinets. So my Sweet husband got to work installing two simple 1 x 8" shelves in that exact spot. It turned out perfectly. I am beyond thrilled by the shelves. Now I really have the itch to paint the cabinets! I hate the color of our cabinets, if I'm allowed to be honest. They are lovely cabinets, but they feel very dark to me, kind of an odd orangey-unnatural looking color. Although painting them has been on my to do list for a while now, it seems so unbelievably daunting that I haven't been able to bring myself to tackle it. The shelves have certainly made me happier though!
Hard to photograph for sure, but every time I walk into the kitchen they make me smile. It's nice to have some extra storage as well! 

I'm thinking of adding a few little hooks to the underside of the lower shelf to hang some of our teacups on, what do you think?


FOLLOW ATTIC LACE ON BLOGLOVIN!


2 comments:

  1. I love your lidded glass bowls - are they a vintage find? I would love to hear the source if they are something generally available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sara! They are not vintage, they are from Fishs Eddy in NYC on (I think) 19th st? If you google it, it should pop right up. Hope that helps! X

      Delete

I always appreciate your comments! Even if it's just to say hi!