Sunday, November 4, 2012

Autumn Vintage Brooches

Several Months ago, a family friend gave me a most lovely gift...A container full of vintage costume jewelry from her mother. To me, this was a tremendously exciting gift, the container held many beautiful and unique pieces.
I have used a few pieces, here and there, for projects, jewelry making etc. But there are three specific pieces, brooches in a gold finish and one in silver, that have proved to be my favorite. I thought it would be nice to offer them a little shelf time, and incorporate them into my mantle display of harvest gourds and mini pumpkins...This was a simple task, I just gently slid the open pin right into the skin of the gourds/pumpkins...
I really love the organic feel of the gourds paired with the rich and refined quality of the brooches...and the best part is... when I'm finished with this little display? I can just pull them out and save them for their next appearance;)


Follow me on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate your comments! Even if it's just to say hi!