Saturday, December 8, 2012

7 Days of Gifting

Day 6

"brown sugar scrub"

I first came across a homemade Sugar Scrub on Melissa's blog, here. I tried her awesome recipe a few weeks ago, and looved it. As promised it left my skin super silky soft and was so incredibly easy to make! Thanks Melissa!
So for day 6 of our homemade gifts I decided to make a batch to give as gifts.  I added a few ingredients for some holiday flair.

You will need:

1 cup of white pure cane sugar
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/2 a cup of coconut oil / olive oil
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 tbs fresh squeezed lemon juice
2 tsps of ground cinnamon

  Mix all of your ingredients together in a large bowl (for multiple jars,multiply ingredients...2 jars = 2xmeasurements etc.) and pour into containers.  I found some great plastic jars (safe for the bathroom, to avoid shattered glass in the tub!) at the craft store in the scrapbook storage section.  They are a cute rounded jar shape with a tight screw on lid.  I also picked up some sweet little "chalkboard" labels for my containers:)

 Viola! Sweet scrubs for all! Thanks again to Melissa at shakeshakee 
for an inspiring scrub share! 


Follow me on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate your comments! Even if it's just to say hi!