Cranberry Orange Cookies
We have a glass cookie jar on the counter in our kitchen, N likes to take cookies with him to work:) I try to keep the jar full with either cookies or muffins, and since the Christmas cookie supply just ran out it was time for a jar refill. I found this yummy recipe here.
You Will Need:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups chopped cranberries or "crazins"
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy 2. Beat in the egg, orange juice and peel 3. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in cranberries and walnuts 4. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased (or lined) baking sheets 5. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
These came out delish, chewy, with just the right amount of crunch (thanks walnuts!) and the tangy cranberries added a nice little surprise of flavor. I had one this morning for breakfast (shhh;) with a bowl of Greek yogurt. yumyum
Hope you all a pleasant weekend:)
Follow me on Bloglovin