Thursday, August 15, 2013

How to make fabric strawberries...

When I was a kid, I was really into play-food. Didn't matter what kind. Plastic, wooden, I loved it all. I think that's why I get super excited when I see all of the amazing handmade play-food items on various sites these days. Crochet hamburgers!? My inner child shrieks with happiness. 
While my sewing/crochet skills might not be at the hamburger/cheeseburger stage just yet, I thought maybe I could manage an innocent little cloth strawberry. Once I had the first one finished, there was no stopping...
Cut a half circle out of your desired fabric. Fold it in half (good side in) and stitch along the curved side, top to bottom. Turn it inside out and stuff with polyfill.
Loosely stitch around the top opening to create a drawstring effect, pull tight to close the opening and tie a knot. Stitch your stem onto your star-shaped strawberry top. Stitch strawberry top with stem onto the top of your berry.
If you're anything like me, you won't be able to stop at just one. You'll see your first little berry sitting there, and suddenly you'll need five more...or maybe six, or seven.

These would be great little gifts for a 5yr+ child, no? Or even younger if you made the berries big enough to be safe (little fingers and mouth wise.)
Was there a play thing that you got really excited about when you were little? :)


FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVIN!

2 comments:

  1. these are so darling! Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them absolutely adorable. Perfect for a homemade child gift.

    xo
    LesliMarie
    www.linenandtulle.com

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate your comments! Even if it's just to say hi!