Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pom Pom Cake Toppers

Yesterday, to celebrate the one year anniversary of Attic Lace, I made these cute little pom pom cupcake toppers! They were super easy to make, here's how it's done...
You will need:
-Yarn
-Lollipop sticks 
-Scissors
-Hot glue

I make my pom poms by wrapping yarn around a three to four inch piece of cardboard. I slip the yarn bundle off of the cardboard and tie a strand securely around the center. Then I cut through all the loops, creating loose ends. Finally, I give it a little "hair cut", trimming the ends all the way around to give it a nice tight round shape.
After you've made your desired number of pom poms, glue them onto the tops of your lollipop sticks. 
Insert into the top of your frosted cake or cupcake!
These feel so happy, don't they? They'd be fun to do in different colors as well!


FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVIN!

3 comments:

  1. Hi. You might already know about this but this weekend I found a tutorial to make teeny tiny pom poms. Instead of wrapping the yarn around a piece of cardboard you use a fork.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! I love it! What a great idea, I did not know this, thank you:)

      Delete
  2. I've never tried to make pom poms, but these are so cute. I will have to try some for the next holiday or something fun.
    xo
    LesliMarie
    www.linenandtulle.com

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate your comments! Even if it's just to say hi!