Tuesday, April 14, 2015

How to Decorate a Cake Like a Pro!

Decorating cakes can be tricky.  I can't even tell you how many times I've ended up covered in frosting and close to tears over a grand idea for a pretty cake, so I'm always on the look-out for shortcuts that make simple cakes look special and fancy.  You can't get any simpler than this quick vanilla cake decorated with Necco Wafers.  It's as easy as frosting the cake and sticking the sweet pastel wafers right onto the icing.  The end result is going to seriously impress your guests. 
You will need:
-2 Bags Necco Wafer rolls
-Fully Frosted vanilla cake (make from scratch or mix)


Unwrap the wafers and sort by color , then stick them on to your frosted cake in neat rows. I stuck to 4 colors and the whites for the top, but you can do any color combo you like!
This would make a sweet baby or bridal shower cake, or even just a spring birthday cake! Don't you love how simple this was?  I was so pleased with how finished the end result looks.

Do you have any go-to cake decorating tricks?

FOLLOW ATTIC LACE ON BLOGLOVIN!

2 comments:

I always appreciate your comments! Even if it's just to say hi!