Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Welcome Home "Sunny" 

How we found our new 1980 SunLine Camper 

My husband(N) and I love to camp. We both grew up camping with our families in the woods of the Adirondacks, Me in tents and he...in pop-up campers! Naturally, when we met and found we had this love for camping in common, we began planning trips together. Let me tell you, I was more than thrilled to enter the world of sleeping in a pop-up camper, rather than in a tent on the cold hard ground;) Over the last few years we've gone through two vintage "Shasta" pop-ups, and had recently decided to give the "hard-shell" camper a try. The idea of simply pulling into a site and not having to set up (!) quickly overrode my stubbornness about not having a giant THING parked in our little driveway year round...Plus of course, I was thinking of all the customization possibilities(EEK:) A quick visit to refurbished campers on Pinterest and the hunt began...

After weeks of looking and many phone calls, N found it..it was 2.5hrs away but it was a great price, so we headed out one Saturday and....
We got it!!! We were so excited that we stopped halfway home at a rest stop, to climb into it and eat our lunch at the little kitchen table inside;) 

Follow me on Bloglovin

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate your comments! Even if it's just to say hi!