Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Warm Apple Turnovers  

After our trip to the farm for pumpkins and apples..I have a beautiful basket of apples sitting in my kitchen. So today I decided to bake a little treat for my sweetie. He is working outdoors today on the roof of an old castle on the Hudson River and could use a warm, sweet snack when he gets home, I'm sure;)



6 Turnovers
2  ready-made pie crusts  ( or you can make your own if you have more time than I did this afternoon...)
2 large apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2"  pcs
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt   

PreHeat oven to 425 degs. Peel 2 large apples and chop  into 1/2" cubed pieces
 In a large bowl, combine apples, sugar, flour, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside to "marinate" while preparing the crust...
Create a nice dry,  floured surface to work on, and cut small circles out of your rolled out pie crust...I use an old soup can as a "cookie cutter", pressing it down into my rolled out crust to cut nice round circles..then scoop 1/4 cup of the apple mixture onto the center of your little cut crust circle..
Place a second circle crust on top and pinch edges with a fork by gently pressing the fork tongs along the edges all the way around until you have sealed it. I like to brush the tops and edges of the sealed turnovers with a bit of egg white so that when I bake them they get nice and golden brown on the top..
 Place your little pies, evenly spaced, on an ungreased cookie sheet and pop into your 425 oven.. I let mine bake for about 15-20mins, but yours may be done sooner...you'll know they're done when they are lightly browned and the juices have begun to bubble out in certain places..

Happy Baking! Xo

Follow me on Bloglovin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate your comments! Even if it's just to say hi!