Monday, October 29, 2012

Kale Chips


After our little Halloween party, I had some beautiful kale left over from my mom's "creepy eyeball" platter. I couldn't bear to throw it out, so I decided to make some crispy kale chips!


Crispy Kale Chips
Fresh curly kale, washed and thoroughly dried ( I used about 4  large leaves, but you can increase amounts for larger batches)
1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon approx. sea salt


Pre heat oven to 350*. After washing and thoroughly drying the kale, separate the leaves from their thick center "spine". Then tear the leaves into chip sized pieces, a little bit larger than you want the final chips to be (they will shrink in size as they bake). Place the torn pieces in a ziploc bag with a tablespoon or two of olive oil. Massage the olive oil into the leaves and shake the bag. Spread the leaves in a single layer onto a large baking sheet and sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt.  Bake at 350* for about twenty minutes. 
Remove from oven and spread chips onto paper toweling to drain off any excess oil. 
Allow them to cool, and enjoy!

They were delicious! Kale is an amazing superfood, these chips are an excellent and healthy snack option.



Follow me on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate your comments! Even if it's just to say hi!