Monday, March 4, 2013

Blue Kitty


Can you guess what this is?? (Happy Monday by the way, my excitement is getting the best of me). If you guessed: royal-blue-glass-wine-bottle-shaped-like-a-cat, then bingo!;)

I was at the liquor store picking up a bottle of pinot grigio...and as I made my way to the counter I saw, out of the corner of my eye, a crate filled with milk-white and blue-glass cats!! So of course, I stopped. There they were all lined up in the crate filled with brown crinkle grass...shining milky-white and brilliant blue. I had to have one. The next five minutes (I'm sure the guy behind the counter thought I was "special") was spent gazing down and trying my very best to decide between the opaque white bottle and clear blue. Alternately picking up each color, I weighed the pros and cons....both were German riesling, so the contents didn't matter much. If I could have gotten both I would have, but it already felt like a splurge (a ten dollar splurge, but...I was still holding the pinot I came in for). I chose blue.

I don't know maybe I am "special" , but this is one of the most fabulous things I've found in a while:) I can't decide if I should even open it...although half of the reason I wanted it is that I think it would make an awesome vase when its empty. Have you ever seen such an amazing bottle!? I may just have to go back for the white one sometime;)

If you are interested the back label reads: 2011 Mosel, Riesling Qualitatswein (Moselland Wine Company, Product of Germany)

I hope you all had a lovely weekend, mine was rather quiet, spent mostly working on free-lance display windows for spring. I may share pics soon.
xo!

Follow me on Bloglovin!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate your comments! Even if it's just to say hi!