Friday, March 1, 2013

DIY Golden Rocks

Happy Friday! What could be better on a Friday than a couple of unique cocktail glasses? I recently learned that this size of drink glass is called a "rock" or an "old fashioned", used for small mixed drinks or liquor over ice (or on the rocks!). I have several of these plain glasses and thought they would be fun to paint!
I thoroughly cleaned and dried two plain glasses. Then I took gold acrylic paint and painted it on (in sort of a growing grass pattern, or flames if you will..)
As I painted, I had my oven preheating to 350degs. When the oven beeped at 350degs, I took my freshly painted glasses and put them on a cookie sheet. Then I placed them into the oven and turned the oven off. They baked, and the oven slowly cooled, and after about an hour when the oven had finished cooling I removed my glasses. Viola! They should hold up pretty well (gentle hand-wash only of course)...
They look especially pretty with dark liquid (like coke/pepsi, or rum and coke). I call it: "Fire n' Ice!!" haha ;) Anyway, I like that they are a little different, and I'm already thinking of what else I can do to customize our simple glassware.

(Pssst! If you don't feel like DIY-ing, or you'd rather just purchase ready-made with the look of hand done, check out these beauties Here from A Bushel and A Peck Artisan Shop!)

Have you ever hand painted glass? If so, share a link with me! I'd love to see what you tried!
I hope you all have a lovely weekend!
xo

Follow me on Bloglovin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate your comments! Even if it's just to say hi!