Monday, August 5, 2013

Cross Stitch Fly Swatter

I know this is kinda silly, but I just couldn't help myself. Every time I see a fly swatter, I think of cross stitch. It's that meshy, grid-like pattern they all tend to have! So when I saw this really cheap, bubble-gum pink swatter I grabbed it and finally gave it a try.(This is my first time cross stitching, so go easy on me;)
Here's what I did:





Not too bad...right? :) I was pretty tickled that it actually looked rather cute when I was done. So kitschy and cute...that I hung it on the wall!
Needless to say, I will NOT be squishing any bugs with this pastel masterpiece;)


Don't you just love a quirky craft here and there? I definitely do!


9 comments:

  1. This is such an awesome idea! And the pale pink background looks gorgeous with the cross stich flowers! xxx

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holl! Yes I was so excited when I found the pink;)

      Delete
  2. Adorbs! :) Gotta find me a pink flyswatter now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh I LOVE it! What a clever idea. I'm definitely giving this a go the next time I come across a fly swatter. Although I can't say I've ever seen a pink one ;)

    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonjour from Paris! Just stopped to say that it's always a pleasure to read your blog, so refreshing and poetic. Merci beaucoup & have a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonjour Christine!! Thank you so much!!:) So sweet!Xo

      Delete
  5. So cute- might also be used to give a little hint to your roomie when you need some space :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha or for light tush swats of doggies who are doing things they shouldn't be? ;)

      Delete
  6. What a clever idea.....AMAZING!!! CAN I SAY XMAS GIFTS HOLLA -JTD

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate your comments! Even if it's just to say hi!