Friday, August 9, 2013

Sweet little thrift

We found a pretty sweet little thrift store yesterday in Eastham, MA, a wonderful little building. 
Built in 1879, it was originally " Brackett’s General Store". Then in the 1930's it housed a "Mitten Factory", where oven mitts and slippers were made by a local couple for distribution to other stores. The owners had a pet monkey name Rocco, and all the kids would come around to see him and give him treats. 
Now it's a thrift store, and I found some lovely things that made their way home with us. A set of six dinner plates, with painted strawberries in their centers, and two doilies in very nice condition.  The grand total was $8.00. I walked away a happy girl.





I always love a good story, and it was so cool to hear a bit about this building. I love our new strawberry plates, and really...can a girl ever have too many doilies??
The answer is no. No, she can not.

Have you had any really great thrift finds lately? 

FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVIN!

2 comments:

  1. My grandmother had those exact same plates!!! What a cute store :)

    <3 dani
    http://blog.shopdisowned.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh!! Does she really?!? Grandma has lovely taste;)
      Xo

      Delete

I always appreciate your comments! Even if it's just to say hi!