Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Make a Simple Holiday Wreath

Every year I make a special little wreath for our house. Last year was evergreen. This year I wanted something a little bit simpler, so I went with grapevine wreath and some cozy little trimmings. The clay stars are so easy to make and add a bit of friendliness I think. 


You will need:
-1 grapevine wreath
-White polymer clay
-24 gauge wire
-1 inch wide ribbon
-A few sprigs of something green
-Wire cutters



Using a ribbon that is approx. 1 inch thick (I used some burlap strapping, cut into thinner strips), wrap it loosely all the way around your wreath. Now make a bow using an extra piece  of ribbon and wire it onto the side of your wreath. (I then wove the legs of my bow in and out of a few vines to hold them in place.)

Add a few sprigs of greenery, like these  bayberry branches! (wire in for security).


Cut out star shapes from polymer clay (clay should be rolled out into a thickness of 1/4") and put small pinholes in each for wiring. Bake as directed and cool completely.

Now wire your stars through the little pin holes that you made, and twist them into the wreath in and around the cluster of  branches.

That's it! Now you have a sweet homemade wreath to give as a gift or to keep for yourself!

FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVIN!


2 comments:

  1. Wish I had a mountain cabin to go with this wreath- perfect match!
    Oh, by the way, sooo cool to see your name in the credits at Rue magazine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too!! I'd love a cozy cabin:) Aw thanks Lisa!! Lots of fun:)

      Delete

I always appreciate your comments! Even if it's just to say hi!