Thursday, January 2, 2014

citrus and blue

One of the things I really appreciate about having a creative mind is the freedom it allows me to enjoy a number of hobbies. Growing up I painted a lot. I was very involved with the art program at school and also attended painting classes with my dad on the weekends. It was great, I learned a lot over the years, but I've found that when you don't exercise certain methods they tend to fade. I also try to dip back into things here and there so that I can keep fresh all of things that I've learned and enjoy. I draw A LOT, for pleasure as well as for work. Painting (aside from crafts and walls)? Not so much. So I decided it was time to break out some brushes and stretch the old fingers around a tube of paint again...


  A bit rusty, but enjoyable none the less...

Do you have hobbies that have fallen by the wayside? A new year is an excellent time to start over, don't you think?


FOLLOW ATTIC LACE ON BLOGLOVIN!


4 comments:

  1. I like the way you captured the light on the clementines. This is a lovely painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lisa! We had gorgeous sunlight that day:)

      Delete
  2. This is really beautiful. Must be nice to start this up again! I used to paint and draw a lot more than I do now. I never got the hang of representational art, but I love abstract designs and pops of color. Something to try in 2014 perhaps. ;)

    The Rambling Fangirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christina! It was a good feeling to get into the paints again. You should start again!! Abstract is wonderful, my grandma is a great abstract artist, so I totally appreciate it.

      Delete

I always appreciate your comments! Even if it's just to say hi!