Saturday, January 17, 2015

Make A Hand-Painted Plate in 2 Steps!

I love white plates, most of our plates and serve ware are white in fact.  Every once in a while, though, it's fun to have something a bit more festive. My Sister in-law made some adorable hand-drawn mugs as gifts for Christmas with her daughter and she kindly lent me the Sharpie brand, oil based, markers she used.  They're awesome!  I've done the regular sharpie on ceramic, baking it afterwards, and it worked fine.   These markers, on the other hand, go on very smoothly and are much more opaque.  Here's how I made this pretty blue plate...
You will need:
-White ceramic plate (or mug, whatever you choose)
-Oil-based Sharpie Markers, like these .
-Oven at 350 Degs
(Preheat your oven to 350Degs) Start creating your pattern on the plate.  Let each part dry before touching it, these do take few minutes longer than regular sharpies to dry.

When you've completed your plate, place it in the oven at 350 for about 25-30 minutes. When done, allow to cool completely before handling.
I'm not sure I'd eat dinner off of a plate painted with sharpies, but when the pattern is kept to the rim  (or the outside of a mug or bowl) I think it's just fine.  I love the way the pattern has that hand-drawn feel but is, at the same time, permanent and glossy.

FOLLOW ATTIC LACE ON BLOGLOVIN!

4 comments:

I always appreciate your comments! Even if it's just to say hi!