Tuesday, September 1, 2015

DIY Seed Packets

We're nearing the end of summer, today is the very first day of September! Can you believe it? As the garden begins to fade, we're already dreaming of planting next year.  One of the best ways to prepare for next year's gardening season is by saving the seeds of your best plants and flowers this year!  I spent some time this weekend doing just that. 

I gathered dried seeds and pods from things in our gardens and then packaged them neatly in these fun little DIY seed packets.  I found a great pattern for the body of the packet and then added my own custom labels.  Here's how you can make them too:
 
 
 

The instructions on the packet pattern printable are super simple, I printed the pattern onto decorative paper for a colorful touch.  After gluing my labels on, I filled each one with seeds and wrote their names on the lines provided.  
 
Store seed packets in a cool dry place until you're ready to use them next year! 
Psst...These also make great gifts or favors! 
 
 FOLLOW ATTIC LACE ON BLOGLOVIN!

3 comments:

  1. I love this! I usually put things in plastic bags and write on them with Sharpies (lol, sue me). I want pretty seed bags now, too!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate your comments! Even if it's just to say hi!