Monday, October 14, 2013

Last Hoorah

Nick and I took our last trip of the season with Sunny this weekend. We went up north to our favorite place in the Catskills, and it was gorgeous. Not only was the weather perfect, but the leaves had turned and autumn was everywhere. The whole forest was a blanket of needles... We found lots of little woolly caterpillars and several beautiful mushrooms. I even finished my second scarf while we were there! 




When we got home all of the quilts, pillows and soft things were taken out of the camper for the winter and stored away until the springtime. It's a bittersweet time of year. We're excited for what fall and winter bring (some of our favorite holidays!), but sad to say goodbye to another great camping season...until next year!

FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVIN!

7 comments:

  1. Lots of texture and light. Looks beautiful! The scarf is fantastic!

    The Rambling Fangirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your second scarf! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you went out with a great trip! Looks very relaxing and refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo, I just happen to work where you went camping and we found two of those gorgeous stones you painted with the lace pattern. Are there anymore hidden treasures? If so it will be fun to see if we can find more. Glad you enjoyed your camping trip...it's a gorgeous campground if I say so myself and an excellent place to work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!! I was so excited to find this comment here, I am so happy that you enjoyed finding the rocks I hope you will keep them and enjoy them:) I had only left the two, so until next year! A gorgeous campground indeed and you all do a wonderful job. We visit several times a season and it is our most favorite campground. Thank you for all that you and your team do.

      Delete
  5. I am the caretaker at Wilson. As you just heard, we found the second lace stone today on the trail to the lower pond. They are just beautiful. Give us a hint if there are more and we'll hunt em' up. Glad you visited us again and that you enjoy our beautiful park so much. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa! I was so excited to find the messages that you two left for me here:) I am overjoyed that you had fun finding the rocks (I hope it was ok that I left them). I had only left the two, but I hope that you guys take them home and enjoy them! As I said in the above, thank you for helping to make Wilson our most favorite campground. We are counting the days until the opening of next season! Best, Sarah

      Delete

I always appreciate your comments! Even if it's just to say hi!