Wednesday, September 4, 2013

A little taste...

Nick and I took a little day trip up north this past weekend to visit a new orchard he'd heard of on the radio last week. They were having their "season kick-off" celebration and in my eagerness to have a taste of fall, we headed up.

The apples were there..hiding in the trees awaiting eager pickers in the months to come, but the late summer produce also stood tall. Bright zinnias and rich reddish-brown sunflowers, alongside heavy purple eggplants and sweet peppers. It was a very warm day, but I left feeling so excited for  the apple and pumpkin picking weeks to come. Soon!!
I will say, that I will really miss the thick greens and bright blooms of summer...our gardens, fresh fruits and vegetables. 
But I'm sooo excited for the season change, aren't you??

FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVIN!

6 comments:

  1. These pictures are beautiful! I'm pretty excited for autumn too! Can't wait for the huge mugs of tea, woolly jumpers and tights, and the gorgeous colours of the trees! xxx



    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holl! :) Me too! And layers..of warm things. Xo

      Delete
  2. The field of flowers is so beautiful! I hate winter, but I loooooove fall. There are so many wonderful things to look forward to!


    The Rambling Fangirl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous picks! I think I would love that orchard. And yes, I can't wait for fall too. Today the weather is a little bit cooler, and it really doesn't matter what else is going on in my life, that change in weather makes me giddy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary! Yes! It was so nice and cool here today too, the sun was shining and it really felt like fall...so nice!

      Delete

I always appreciate your comments! Even if it's just to say hi!