Wednesday, December 11, 2013

DIY Initial Gift Tags: 3 Ways!

One of my favorite things about the holidays is thinking up new and unique ways to wrap our gifts! A key component to a beautiful package is a beautiful tag. I like to reuse and re-purpose materials and ribbon as well. I've also been really into using brown paper the past few years and this year is no exception. Here are 3 easy ways to make unique little tags focused on initials!

#1 : BIG Initials!
Use a stencil or trace giant letters onto paper. Cut out and attach ribbon. I like my mini craft stapler for ribbon attachment.

#2: Vintage Postcards!
Great for guys! Reuse old postcards, keep them whole or cut into strips and stick initials onto the front. Attach ribbon!

#3: Sewn Circles

Cut or punch circles from your favorite paper, stitch with thread (on machine or by hand). Stitch your ribbon loop in as you go around. Stick a letter on and you're done!

The possibilities are endless here, there are all kinds of fun ways to do this, these are just a few! I really enjoy the process of wrapping, and making each package special for our friends and family.

Have you started wrapping yet? 


FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVIN!

3 comments:

  1. This is such a wonderful idea! So lovely! x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the way you styled the lead photo on this post! What is it about letters that makes them so appealing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the JC one best!! -JPC

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate your comments! Even if it's just to say hi!