Thursday, April 17, 2014

Paint-Pen Decorative Eggs

I had a few minutes to play with some eggs today...We never really eat our Easter eggs, so every year I make a few that are for decoration only. I either blow them out, or let them sit and dry out, saving them always. Last year I fell in love with the silk-dyed eggs I made using old silk scraps. SO much fun, they were beautiful. This year I decided to try using a white paint-pen to draw little flowery designs on my eggs...
I like to let my eggs sit in the dye for a few minutes and then towel dry them so they get a swirly watercolor feel to them. Then I used a plain old craft paint pen to draw little designs onto them. ***These eggs won't be for eating but they will look beautiful in a basket as decoration.

Do you have spring or Easter plans for the weekend? I can't wait to spend time with family and eat some delicious food! 

FOLLOW ATTIC LACE ON BLOGLOVIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate your comments! Even if it's just to say hi!