Monday, August 25, 2014

Stamp it! Personalized Pencil Case

It's almost time to go back to school!! I think for most kids this is the last week of summer , I know my niece can't WAIT for her first day back. She's already got her outfit planned out and all of her school supplies ready.  I remember how much fun it was to pick out cool supplies and to personalize my book covers and binders.  Pencil cases were also HUGE when I was in school, and so I thought it would be fun to do make one now, with a little personal flair. 
 I found these great Styrofoam packing peanuts that screamed "stamp", but you can use anything you have around the house.  Cut a sponge into your desired shape or use a cookie cutter to cut a slice of potato into a fun stamp shape.  Using permanent acrylic craft paint and stamp the shape evenly onto one side of your pencil case.  Allow to dry, flip and repeat!
Someone's initials would be another really fun shape, don't you think?  I picked up my plain cotton pencil case at the craft store.  I wish I'd gotten a few more!  These would make great makeup pouches, emergency kits, or even a little sewing kit!

Happy Stamping!!

FOLLOW ATTIC LACE ON BLOGLOVIN!

2 comments:

  1. This is lovely, such a clever idea x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Holl! I'm so happy to hear you like it;)

      Delete

I always appreciate your comments! Even if it's just to say hi!